- Flying to Telluride: Although flights to TEX had been suspended, this link suggests that options may soon be available.
- The closest alternate airport is Montrose (MTJ), about an hour and a half drive from Telluride. Shuttles are plentiful and easy to book (see below). If you are considering renting a car, the airports in Cortez, Durango, and Grand Junction are great options, and often cheaper rates than Montrose and Telluride. Consider arranging travel in this manner with other attendees. The drives from Denver, Salt Lake City, and Albuquerque are all about 6-7 hours from Telluride.
- Please contact TELLURIDE EXPRESS TAXI SERVICE to reserve a seat on a shuttle from any of the regional airports. TSRC participants receive a 10% discount. You must identify yourself as a TSRC scientist at the time of making the reservation to receive your discount. They can be reached by calling 970-728-6000. Alternatively, you can book online at www.tellurideexpress.com Please book the reservation in the name of the participant, plus any other family members. You must book shuttles in advance, at least 24 hours ahead.
- If you drive to Telluride, your condo or hotel will usually has free parking available. Check in advance if parking is free or not. The Telluride Lodge in Mountain Village charges at least $20 per day for parking one car, for example, while Camel's Garden is free. If you need to drive to the conference venue, you can usually park in the school parking lot, although it is occasionally restricted.
Useful Driving Directions and Maps
- In 2009, a TSRC scientist named Millard Alexander piloted a small plane from the east coast to Telluride to attend a summer workshop. Will a jetpack be next? Be sure to tell us.