- Follow Us
- Contact Us
You are here
Telluride on the Cheap
Telluride is a wonderful place to visit anytime. While it may have a reputation as a pricey destination, with a few easy tips, your stay in town can be quite affordable.
- If you are a graduate student or a post-doc, TSRC offers scholarships that may apply to you.
- Rent a large condo and split the cost among many roommates
- BOOK EARLY. We cannot stress this enough. You are much more likely to get the lodging you want if you register early.
- The cheapest condos are the bronze, three-bedroom condos at Telluride Lodge and "Around Town Lodging." Indicate if you are willing to sleep two to a room or sleep on the sofa bed. If you know who you are interested in sharing with, contact them first and designate a "head roommate," who must register first.
- If you would like help finding a roommate/roommates, choose the "TSRC Roommate Connection" option and we will do our best to link you with roommates in low-cost accommodation.
- Look into flying into nearby towns. Montrose, Durango, or Cortez are options, though you will have to rent a car in Cortez or Durango. Shuttles from Montrose are $45 each way.
- If you have more time and can round up some friends, renting a car and driving from Denver, Salt Lake City, or Albuquerque may be the cheapest option. It's about seven hours from these cities to Telluride.
- Cooking your own food may be your most affordable route while in town. Be sure to get accommodations with a kitchen or kitchenette if you plan on doing some cooking.
- Ask TSRC staff for restaurant recommendations. We are all long-time locals who know where to get the best bang for your buck.
- There is a lot of food at TSRC. The breakfasts are included in your registration fee, as are snacks, which are available throughout your meeting.
Nightlife and Entertainment
- There is a free concert on Wednesday nights in Mountain Village during the summers. Also, if you happen to be in town during a festival, keep an eye on what is going on in Elks Park or along Main Street. There will usually be some good cheap fun.
- There are plenty of bars and nightspots in town that run the gamut from upscale to divey. Ask TSRC staff, they'll surely point you in the right direction...